Firefighters were called to reports of a blaze at a building on Borough Road in Southwark, this morning.
Around 1,000 people were evacuated from this and neighbouring buildings on the South Bank University campus before the arrival of the Brigade.
There were no injuries.
After investigations at the scene crews determined smoke in a plant room on the tenth floor was caused by an overheating lift motor.
Six fire engines from Lambeth, Soho, Dowgate, Whitechapel fire stations attended the incident.
The Brigade was called at 11:31sm and the incident was over within an hour.
Leave a Reply