MPS Counter Terrorism Command detectives are continuing their investigation into the murder of Dr Imran Farooq after another man has been released without charge.
Officers arrested the man at an address in Waltham Forest.
He has now been released without charge.
The Police are continuing to finding those responsible and this investigation remains active.
Two men are wanted in connection with the murder
- Moshin Ali Syed, aged 30, a Pakistani national who was in the UK between February 2010 and 16 September 2010
- Muhammad Kashif Khan Kamran, aged 35, a Pakistani national who was in the UK between early September 2010 and 16 September 2010.
Three other men have been released without charge during the investigation into Dr Farooq’s murder over the past five years.
- A man aged 39 was arrested on 9 December 2010, at a residential address in Camden on suspicion of murder, and also on suspicion of robbery in October 2009. He was subsequently released without charge in March 2012.
- A man age 54 was arrested on 24 June, 2013, at Heathrow airport on suspicion of conspiracy to murder. He has subsequently been released without charge in October 2014.
- A man aged 31 was arrested on 27 August, 2014 at an address in Waltham Forest in connection with the murder of Dr Imran Farooq. He was subsequently released without charge in May 2015.
Anyone who can assist should call the police incident room on +44 (0)20 7230 2717 or contact the police by email at SO15Mailbox-.DrFarooqMurder@met.police.uk
Alternatively anyone who wishes to remain anonymous can call Crimestoppers, a charity independent of the police, on 0800 555111 within the UK or use the Crimestoppers untraceable online form to pass on information at www.crimestoppers-uk.org