Firefighters attended a fire at a restaurant with flats above it on Charlton Church Lane in Charlton Tuesday morning 25th May.
A man left the restaurant before the arrival of the Brigade and was treated at the scene for burns by the London Ambulance Service before being taken to hospital.
Part of the split level ground floor and first floor was damaged in the fire.
Station Manager Kris Bedlow who was at the scene, said:
A man was cooking and it is believed a spark started a fire in the ducting which spread along the restaurant’s extraction system and caused some damage to the ground floor. The ducting has got very hot which has ignited the flooring of the floor above. Crews worked hard to bring the fire under control quickly.
Eight fire engines and around 58 firefighters form Greenwich, East Greenwich, Plumstead, Lee Green, Poplar and Shadwell fire stations attended the incident.
The Brigade was called at 7.44 am and the fire was under control by 11.02 am.[tweet https://twitter.com/LAS_TacAdvisor/status/603150139339997184] [tweet https://twitter.com/LondonFire/status/603121189536534528]
Leave a Reply