The London Fire Brigade reports that their warning on the dangers of sunlight blazes has gone viral in social media with 8 million views across Facebook and Twitter.
The Brigade also says it suspects a garden terrace fire in Balham yesterday was probably started by sunlight through glass.
Fire investigators found broken glass among the charred remains of wooden decking and think the fire was probably caused by the refraction of sunlight through a glass bottle or jar onto garden furniture.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers from Tooting, Brixton and Clapham fire stations attended the incident on Western Lane.
The Brigade was called at 1441 and the fire was under control at 1526.