Trade Union sources say the strike by London Underground workers will ‘definitely go ahead’ for 24 hours from Wednesday evening.
Finn Brennan, a senior negotiator for Aslef, told the Press Association that the four unions were not being given enough time to consider the proposed new deal.
He said unions were prepared to return to Acas tomorrow for more talks but were being told the new offer will be off the table by then.
London Underground’s offer, including an average 2% rise this year and £2,000 for drivers on the new all-night service, was conditional on unions responding by 6.30 pm tonight.
Almost 20,000 workers are due to strike for 24 hours from 6.30pm on Wednesday – Budget Day – in a dispute over the new all-night Tube services.
LU’s chief operating officer Steve Griffiths said in a message to staff that a ‘full and final’ offer had been made in a bid to conclude five months of talks.