News

Met Police issue images of men following West Ham disorder

Boleyn Ground. Image: Al Riddell

Boleyn Ground. Image: Al Riddell

The Metropolitan Police have released images of four men being sought in connection with the violence against Manchester United’s coach on Tuesday at Upton Park.

The Met Police say as a result of the appeal:

A 28-year-old man handed himself into an east London police station on Friday, 13 May, and was arrested on suspicion on violent disorder.

He was bailed pending further enquires to a date in mid-August.

Detectives wish to identify and speak to the three men pictured in this release of images:

Three men police wish to identify and speak to about pre-match attack on Man Utd coach. Image: Met Police

Three men police wish to identify and speak to about pre-match attack on Man Utd coach. Image: Met Police

Bottles and other missiles were thrown at the coach as it attempted to carry the team to  the Boleyn Ground’s final West Ham football match.

The incident delayed the match by 45 minutes and four policemen were injured.

West Ham have said it would ban for life any fan found responsible.

Commander BJ Harrington of the Met’s Public Order team said:

Behaviour of the kind we saw before Tuesday’s match is totally unacceptable. The vast majority of people were well-behaved, but we are looking to deal with a small minority of individuals who committed criminal acts.

We are working closely with both clubs to bring these individuals to justice, and I would urge anyone who recognises the men in these pictures to contact police.

Junior doctors’ strike

Negotiations between the government and the junior doctors’ union that started on Monday are set to continue into next week.

Hosted by the conciliation service ACAS, the talks are concentrating on Saturday pay and the government’s proposed ‘Seven Day NHS’, just two elements of the controversial new contract set to be imposed this summer.

Talks first began back in 2012, but have regularly failed. Repeated strike action included the first full walk-out by junior doctors earlier this month.

This is a strictly time limited extension and represents a final opportunity to find an agreement as the basis for the resolution of this difficult dispute.

– Acas Chair Sir Brendan Barber

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s