Australia’s No 1 tennis player, Nick Kyrgios, has been knocked out of his home grand slam after losing to Italy’s 89th-ranked Andreas Seppi.
The 21 year old Australian was given two warnings for swearing and racquet abuse during the match.
32-year-old Seppi triumphed 1-6 6-7 (1-7) 6-4 6-2 10-8.
Britain Gives China 3 Million Pounds To Promote Football
— AS English (@English_AS) January 14, 2017
MPs have said that the UK should get its money back in light of the huge sums being spent in China to pay top footballers’ wages in a programme to promote football.
Carlos Tevez had become the highest paid football player after reportedly being paid around £615,000 per week on a two-year contract with Shanghai Shenhua.
Liberal Democrat MP Greg Mulholland said that the deal is ‘utterly bonkers’ and that China has more billionaires in the world and can afford to pay to improve their grassroots game.
The funds are being channeled through the British Foreign Office and Ministers are still backing the scheme despite the British Foreign Office admitting to not knowing if the scheme has any value.
The deal was stuck in 2015 during George Osbourne’s trip to China in an effort to forge new economic ties.
Ryder Cup Changes for Europe
Wow. Truly honoured to be 2018 @RyderCupEurope captain. I cant wait for next 20+ months. Today is the greatness day of my career – so far 😉
— Thomas Bjørn (@thomasbjorngolf) December 6, 2016
After a revamp of the qualification rules, European Ryder Cup captain Thomas Bjorn will have one extra wildcard pick for his team in 2018.
The changes were announced after a meeting of the European Tour’s Tournament Committee in Abu Dhabi.
This means that players would have to compete in four tournaments outside of the majors and World Golf Championships to qualify for Bjorn’s team.
Bjorn says he is delighted with the new arrangement and believes that it will benefit the European Ryder Cup team considerably in 2018.
F1 Drivers Starts Prepping
— Red Bull Racing (@redbullracing) January 9, 2017
Formula 1 stars are hitting the gym ahead of the 2017 pre-season testing which begins at the end of February.
The design of Formula 1’s new generation of faster cars is expected to make this year the sport’s most physically-demanding one for its drivers.
Driver for Italian Formula 1 racing team, Carlos Sainz, said that he is preparing for the “worst”.
The 22 year old revealed that he started training on December 26th.
This is much earlier than in previous years.
F1 season, T-minus 79 days. The regulations are changing, but what does that mean for the new F1 cars? pic.twitter.com/OLRxs6WSwD
— McLaren App (@McLarenApp) January 6, 2017
Testing will begin at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona and drivers will be able to sample the 2017 cars and tyres.